As mobile devices are on the rise in our everyday lives, learning and development professionals are looking for ways to deliver training on mobile. As mobile technology evolves, it has become more secure and more affordable. Perhaps more importantly, it’s also what learners are connecting with. Outside of work, they’re learning and connecting through phones and tablets and have come to want a similar experience at work.
See why mobile is on the rise and learn more about why it will continue to play an important role in the training industry.
By the end of 2014, the number of mobile-connected devices exceeded the number of people on earth. The worldwide market for mobile learning is predicted to grow from US 7.98 billion in 2015 to US 37.6 billion by 2020 at a compound annual growth rate of over 36 percent.
The impact of learning
Roughly 47% of organizations are now using mobile devices for their online training needs. 58% of employees would be more likely to use their company’s online learning tools if the content was broken up into multiple, shorter lessons. Making required training available on mobile devices for employees will lead to a 40 percent increase in productivity.
Technologies Helping with Mobile
HTML5 allows for:
- Learning professionals to create training courses for a wide range of platforms.
- The creation of custom mobile apps, games, instructional videos, informal learning activities, and advanced simulated learning environments.
xAPI allows for:
- Learning at different speeds
- Visually engaging solutions
- Advanced tracking capabilities
- Improve overall retentions rates
Responsive Design allows for:
- No apps or downloads
- Friendly integrations with LMS
- Simple publishing
- Future proofing (mobile devices aren’t going anywhere)
(1) 6 Reasons Why Responsive Design Makes sense as the Future of e-Learning and m-Learning Design
(2) eLearning Industry – 6 Mobile Learning Trends For 2016
(3) Enterprise mobility in 2014: App-ocalypse Now?
(4) Top LMS Features To Drive Employee Engagement
(5) The Trends That Will Shape Learning and Development in 2016
Very Insightful infographics..!! Definitely, the future is in mobile learning.